Certified Passive House Tradesman Training in New York City
21 – 25 May 2012
The world renowned Passive House Academy (PHA) in collaboration with the Association for Energy Affordability (AEA) is delighted to announce details of it’s first Certified Passive House Tradesman Training course starting 21 May, in New York.
The five day course aimed at building contractors and professionals is accredited by the Passive House Institute and takes place at the Association for Energy Affordability, 1695 Boone Avenue, Bronx, NY 10460. Over the five days participants will be offered a unique and invaluable insight and experience into the fundamentals and techniques in building Passive Houses. Today, the passive house standard is recognized globally as the leading benchmark for building energy performance and is fast becoming the preferred choice in providing high quality, high efficiency, dynamic and cost effective solutions for US home owners and businesses.
The training course is delivered by internationally acclaimed and experienced trainers from the Passive House Academy who developed the world’s first internationally accredited Passive House Tradesmen course. The five day course focuses on the building envelope and combines classroom lectures with practical hands-on training. Participants will also have the opportunity to sit and pass an exam that ultimately provides participants with world wide recognition as Certified Passive House Tradesman.
• Definition of Passive House and basic principles of designing a Passive House.
• Understand the importance of thermal bridging and airtightness.
• Locate the correct positioning of the airtightness layer in relation to the insulation, and structural layers in a range of typical construction types.
• Demonstrate correct installation of insulation materials, and air tightness membranes.
• Outline the steps and procedures involved in the performance of an airtightness test using the Passive House methodology, and blower door technology.
• Identify suitable Passive House glazing, and frame types.
• Practice optimal fitting techniques, and calculate associated thermal bridge values.
• Identify and accurately interpret data from the PHPP files to determine construction details.
On successfully passing the exam, participants will receive international accreditation from the Passivhaus Institut as Certified Passive House Tradesman.
May 21 – May 24th each day starts at 9am and ends at 6pm. On the last day we will start at 9am and end at 12pm (midday).
Course Costs – the costs for the training course is $1350 and the exam is an additional $350
Places are limited and early booking is advised to avoid disappointment – click here for further details including details on how to register.
If you require any further details please do not hesitate to contact me direct by email; alternatively please contact training coordinator Martha Pena, Tel 718-292-6733 x 8023 or email Martha at email@example.com